Friday, April 23, 2010

Video treats

Despite MTV not playing music videos anymore and VH1 Soul being killed off thanks to Comcast *shakes angry fist*, I still watch music videos on a regular basis. In fact sometimes I rather watch music videos than watch regular TV. I find it's AMAZING to see what artists come up with for their songs. The imagination and the instilled visualization each artists dreams up equip audiences with a vision only he or she destined to create with the tune in mind.

But in more simpler terms: I'm a huge fan of aesthetics, but I'm an even bigger fan of storytelling. So if the artist can create a visual narrative to their music, I'm all for it.

Here are just a few (new & one old) videos (in no chronological order) that just came to mind. Enjoy!



Full Crate & Mar - She Was Fly from Full Crate on Vimeo.









Probably one of my all-time favorite videos that was played on VH1 Soul - R.I.P.


No comments:

Post a Comment